Friday, May 28, 2010

Trip to The Ashton Memorial

Way back in my entries that were still concerned with giving you history lessons about Lancaster, I mentioned that Lancaster was famous for its linoleum. Well, the man behind that industry, Lord Ashton, has a memorial dedicated to him on the top of a beautifully high hill in Lancaster.

A couple of weeks ago, Laura, Sarah and I hiked up there to meet Toni and her visiting friend, Emily, for a picnic and an afternoon of taking in the views.

The walk up was spectacular. We had to walk through these woods that seriously reminded me of an enchanted forest.



I'm beginning to understand the allure of British summers. Even though most days are still very cold, the few warm days are incredible and the sky here is a shade of blue we just don't have in Missouri.




There is also a butterfly house and a small zoo on the grounds. We found the most adorable snuggly birds!



I didn't have my camera this day, so all the photo credit goes to Sarah. I hope you can appreciate how beautiful it was!

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment