Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hmmmm

One of the things they don't really mention a lot when you get ready for studying abroad is that a lot of times you'll be...well, studying.

I know my entries about going on adventures and trips are much more exciting, but I've got five 10+ page papers due in 4 weeks, and apart from my booked-long-ago trip to Bath/Stonehenge in two weeks, I'll mostly be studying and writing for the next month or so.

My apologies for letting you down. I mean, trust me, I wish that studying abroad really just mean going around Europe for 6 months, having adventures, an unlimited bank account, constant internet access, and inexhaustible energy.

But it's doesn't. Also, it's cold. And rainy. I mean really, I knew I was coming to the UK and I couldn't expect nice weather, but the day-to-day climate here is downright depressing.

I can't wait for spring and hikes and studying under trees.

I should have gone to Fiji.

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. When you go to Fiji, let me know.
    I think some sun would be nice right about now.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weak sauce.
    More adventures, that's what I say.

    "More adventures," said Alex Luft, brother of Emily Luft and world-renowned suggester of things to put into a blog.

    ReplyDelete