Saturday, January 16, 2010

I blog about food a lot

And I'm going to do it again. Perhaps the secret inner foodie in me is coming out here, but exploring the food here is one of my favorite things to do.

I had two really delicious meals today. The first was at the Wibbly Wobbly on campus. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to find something to eat there, because as most of you know, I do my best to eat a pescetarian diet [except of course when someone cooks meat for me, as refusing a meal that someone prepares for you with their hard work and love is far too rude for me to ever swallow. (pardon the pun)]. But anyway, I was pleased to find they had SEVEN vegetarian burger options. I chose a Mediterranean Veggie one and it was super delicious. The cook suggested garlic mayo and a chili sauce to top it and the tomatoes, of course, were my addition. Note the Fanta. It's so much better in Europe than it is in the States.


Tonight, the crew and I headed into town to check out a few town pubs. It only took two to make us realize we all just actually wanted to eat. When they all suggested McDonalds, I was once again weary, but it turns out that the McDonalds here have delicious veggie patties as well! I'm not sure if it's just because of the large Hindu population or because European diets tend to be a bit healthier, but I'm lovin' it.

In other news, I finally met the feminists! It's too long of a story to tell here, but by the end of last night, not only had a met a new group of friends, I had landed a role in The Vagina Monologues. It's such an amazing opportunity-to work with amazing women for such a great cause. I'm really excited. (P.S. There are Vagina Monologues shows in nearly every city in the US. Most shows are the weekend of Valentine's Day. All the ticket proceeds go to causes both domestically and internationally to end violence against women. If you've never been, you must go!)

I'm doing my best to post here every couple of days and keep you all updated. Hope all is well. Love you lots :)

1 comment:

  1. You're in the Vag Monos over there?! I am so thrilled!!

    Also, I suggest pen-palling or Skypeing or otherwise doing something globally aware with these productions. You're involved over there...I'm involved over here...we're all involved together...this is music to my ears.

    Enjoy your Fanta, and I will keep following you here (especially as you use my favorite blogger layout, too. We're just mean to be blog soulmates as well as RA soulmates forever).

    ReplyDelete