Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still Sick

I've been cooped up in my room for almost a week now with this illness. I made it to the pharmacy today so hopefully things will turn around quickly.(Shout out to Christina for waking up early on a Sunday to ride into town with me.) Ya know, learning to navigate the British Healthcare System wasn't one of the things I hoped to learn here, but I guess I'll enjoy all the knowledge I'm gaining.

So being in my room and sick and pathetic has given me quite a bit of time to muse on the things I miss most about the States. Now, missing these things is different than being homesick-I really am enjoying my time here. I would just, ya know, like some comforts of home every now and then.

1) ICE. They don't use it here, and it's ridiculously hard to track it down. Those of you who know me, know I like to fill my glass to the very top with ice, and adjusting to iceless drinks has been very difficult.

2) Taco Bell

3) Ramen Noodles

4) My bed at my parents' house. Oh, and the parents of course. And the brothers. But that's all obvious.

5) Erin and my friends.

6) Ranch Dressing. They seriously just don't have it here. And if you ask for it, they all laugh and say "it's not America!"

Well, back to bed to dream about ranch dressing and ice water.

Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I like it better when you go and do stuff. It's more interesting to read.

    So let's review my critique of your blog:
    1) Do more stuff.
    2) Write about it.

    Okay, now let me make a compliment sandwich. Let's see...

    1)You are in England. (Bread)
    2)You should blog about more interesting things than being sick. (Meat/criticism)
    3) You are sick.

    You're welcome! Let me know if you want me to critique your blog some more later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your links that take me to random pictures. Where'd you learn how to do do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as soon as I'm human again, I'll go out and do stuff.

    Oh, and ya know. This guy I know used to write a blog with lots of random pictures. And then the interwebs taught me how to do it, too. Google is an excellent teacher.

    ReplyDelete