Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tour of Lancaster Castle

Today, we ventured into town to go on the tour of Lancaster Castle. It was really fun and filled with so much interesting information. Unfortunately, photos inside are not allowed because of the castle's status as a functioning prison and court, but I did get some pretty great shots outside of it and of the priory next to it.

The view from the top of the hill the castle sits on is incredible. This picture so does not do it justice.


The Priory next to the Castle. The most interesting story about it is that since the ground churches are on is consecreated, which means that anyone who dies/is buried there can't go to hell, they were very careful to hang the prisoners off church grounds and bury them under what is now the Castle car park. Oh modernization....


This is my go-to tourist pose.


Close up view of the outside of the Castle.

Oh. And I started to feel the homesickness I'd been doing so well at defeating creep back in tonight. So I bought a lot of chocolate. Judge me. I dare you.

Love to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment